LIGHTHOUSE CHAPEL INTERNATIONAL-Southend
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LCI Southend-On-Sea branch is part of the Lighthouse Chapel International denomination, founded by Bishop Dag Heward Mills.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
&&&&&& Annual Summer Camp, The Loyalty Camp - - Wednesday the 10th of July to Saturday the 13th of July 2013 - - AS FOR DIS ONE, YOU TOO WILL BE THERE &&&&&&
!!!!Massive soul winning campaign 25 May 2013+++Southend for Jesus!!!!
)))))))))) MACHANEH MESSAGE OF THE MONTH = "WHAT IS YOUR LIFE".....are u on the Machaneh? ((((((((((
()()()() BOOK OF THE MONTH = "THOSE WHO PRETEND".....Eish!!!......()()()()
////////// Special Thanksgiving Service 4 BDHM's B'day on Wednesday 15 May 2013 * Invite massively for the service \\\\\
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
Latest topics
» love
Gratitude Deficit Disorder (GDD) EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 8:49 pm by Divinamarie

» Those Who Pretend (Book of the month)
Gratitude Deficit Disorder (GDD) EmptyFri May 24, 2013 4:27 pm by Pippa

» What is your life (Msge of the month)
Gratitude Deficit Disorder (GDD) EmptyFri May 24, 2013 4:25 pm by Pippa

» Hello
Gratitude Deficit Disorder (GDD) EmptyFri May 24, 2013 4:20 pm by Pippa

» Free Gift
Gratitude Deficit Disorder (GDD) EmptySat May 18, 2013 8:38 am by Pippa

» It's ok to laugh
Gratitude Deficit Disorder (GDD) EmptySun May 12, 2013 11:34 am by FEN

» Give God your best
Gratitude Deficit Disorder (GDD) EmptyWed May 08, 2013 5:57 pm by Noma30

» Obedience is better than sacrifice
Gratitude Deficit Disorder (GDD) EmptyWed May 08, 2013 5:54 pm by Noma30

» As we think
Gratitude Deficit Disorder (GDD) EmptyWed May 08, 2013 5:46 pm by Noma30

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Gratitude Deficit Disorder (GDD)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Noma30

Noma30

Gratitude Deficit Disorder (GDD) Empty
PostSubject: Gratitude Deficit Disorder (GDD)   Gratitude Deficit Disorder (GDD) EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 9:18 am

My quiet time this morning it really blessed me

We are born, all of us, with GDD--Gratitude Deficit Disorder. The notion that everything good in our lives was given by a gracious God has to be revealed to us. Without that critically important information from the Bible, we would live in the delusion that we made everything ourselves, or worse, that we were at the mercy of the gods of luck.

Learning to say thank you to other people is also learned behavior. We see ingratitude in our children and work hard to teach them how to show appreciation. We make them write thank-you notes to their grandparents for birthday gifts. Let us not assume that we are totally healed. Grown-ups can be terrible takers too.

St. Paul's letters are masterpieces and models of GDD therapy. His opening words are usually full of praises and thanks to God. But the final verses usually carry his heartfelt words of appreciation to the people whose sacrifices, hard work, and passion made possible a community of faith: "Greet Priscilla and Aquila, my fellow workers in Christ Jesus. They risked their lives for me. Not only I but all the churches of the Gentiles are grateful to them" (Romans 16:3,4).

How many people have you thanked this week? Do your friends feel appreciated? Do the people you work with ever hear praise from you?

I pray that as I'm dying to self I will become more thankful and show gratitude in my Christian walk.
Back to top Go down
Pippa

Pippa

PostSubject: Re: Gratitude Deficit Disorder (GDD)   Gratitude Deficit Disorder (GDD) EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 9:01 pm

Wow, say thank you!!!
Very good questions at the end there. may we be thankful inall things just as it is written in 1 Thess 5:18...in everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
It is the will of God to be grateful in everything, good or bad. God help us because many times we thank Him in good times but moan in bad times. May we also be able to thank others and show them that we appreciate them in every little / big effort they show us.
Say thank you!!!!
Back to top Go down
Pastor
Admin
Pastor

PostSubject: Re: Gratitude Deficit Disorder (GDD)   Gratitude Deficit Disorder (GDD) EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 7:04 pm

GDD must be one of the most revealing Christian barometers out there. Directly, it could be due to any of the following being present in you, either alone or in combination.

This is by no means an exhaustive list.

1/ Folly:
1 Samuel 25:7-11
And now I have heard that thou hast shearers: now thy shepherds which were with us, we hurt them not, neither was there ought missing unto them, all the while they were in Carmel. 8 Ask thy young men, and they will shew thee. Wherefore let the young men find favour in thine eyes: for we come in a good day: give, I pray thee, whatsoever cometh to thine hand unto thy servants, and to thy son David. 9 And when David's young men came, they spake to Nabal according to all those words in the name of David, and ceased.
10 And Nabal answered David's servants, and said, Who is David? and who is the son of Jesse? there be many servants now a days that break away every man from his master. 11 Shall I then take my bread, and my water, and my flesh that I have killed for my shearers, and give it unto men, whom I know not whence they be?

2/ Arrogance
2 Kings 5:9-14
So Naaman came with his horses and with his chariot, and stood at the door of the house of Elisha. 10 And Elisha sent a messenger unto him, saying, Go and wash in Jordan seven times, and thy flesh shall come again to thee, and thou shalt be clean. 11 But Naaman was wroth, and went away, and said, Behold, I thought, He will surely come out to me, and stand, and call on the name of the Lord his God, and strike his hand over the place, and recover the leper. 12 Are not Abana and Pharpar, rivers of Damascus, better than all the waters of Israel? may I not wash in them, and be clean? So he turned and went away in a rage. 13 And his servants came near, and spake unto him, and said, My father, if the prophet had bid thee do some great thing, wouldest thou not have done it? how much rather then, when he saith to thee, Wash, and be clean? 14 Then went he down, and dipped himself seven times in Jordan, according to the saying of the man of God: and his flesh came again like unto the flesh of a little child, and he was clean.

3/ Forgetfulness
Numbers 11:4-6
And the mixt multitude that was among them fell a lusting: and the children of Israel also wept again, and said, Who shall give us flesh to eat? 5 We remember the fish, which we did eat in Egypt freely; the cucumbers, and the melons, and the leeks, and the onions, and the garlick: 6 But now our soul is dried away: there is nothing at all, beside this manna, before our eyes.

4/ Carnality
Romans1:21
For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him. Instead, their thoughts turned to worthless things, and their senseless hearts were darkened.

5/ Bad friends or evil influence
1 Kings 12:6-12
And king Rehoboam consulted with the old men, that stood before Solomon his father while he yet lived, and said, How do ye advise that I may answer this people? 7 And they spake unto him, saying, If thou wilt be a servant unto this people this day, and wilt serve them, and answer them, and speak good words to them, then they will be thy servants for ever. 8 But he forsook the counsel of the old men, which they had given him, and consulted with the young men that were grown up with him, and which stood before him: 9 And he said unto them, What counsel give ye that we may answer this people, who have spoken to me, saying, Make the yoke which thy father did put upon us lighter? 10 And the young men that were grown up with him spake unto him, saying, Thus shalt thou speak unto this people that spake unto thee, saying, Thy father made our yoke heavy, but make thou it lighter unto us; thus shalt thou say unto them, My little finger shall be thicker than my father's loins. 11 And now whereas my father did lade you with a heavy yoke, I will add to your yoke: my father hath chastised you with whips, but I will chastise you with scorpions.

6/ Envy
Isaiah 14:14
I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High.

7/ Familiarity
Numbers 16:9-14
Seemeth it but a small thing unto you, that the God of Israel hath separated you from the congregation of Israel, to bring you near to himself to do the service of the tabernacle of the Lord, and to stand before the congregation to minister unto them? 10 And he hath brought thee near to him, and all thy brethren the sons of Levi with thee: and seek ye the priesthood also? 11 For which cause both thou and all thy company are gathered together against the Lord: and what is Aaron, that ye murmur against him?
12 And Moses sent to call Dathan and Abiram, the sons of Eliab: which said, We will not come up: 13 Is it a small thing that thou hast brought us up out of a land that floweth with milk and honey, to kill us in the wilderness, except thou make thyself altogether a prince over us? 14 Moreover thou hast not brought us into a land that floweth with milk and honey, or given us inheritance of fields and vineyards: wilt thou put out the eyes of these men? we will not come up.

WE ARE ALL GUILTY OF ONE OR TWO OR ALL. LET US BE FILLED WITH THE SPIRIT, SO THAT IN HUMILITY WE SHALL BE GRATEFUL TO GOD AND TO THE MEN HE USES FOR OUR ADVANTAGE.

LET US ALL HAVE AN ENCOURAGING WORD OF COMMENDATION AND PRAISE FOR ONE ANOTHER.

LET US ALL ESTABLISH ONE ANOTHER IN LOVE.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gratitude Deficit Disorder (GDD)   Gratitude Deficit Disorder (GDD) Empty

Back to top Go down

Gratitude Deficit Disorder (GDD)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
LIGHTHOUSE CHAPEL INTERNATIONAL-Southend :: Your first category :: DISCUSSION BOARD-
Jump to: