LIGHTHOUSE CHAPEL INTERNATIONAL-Southend
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LCI Southend-On-Sea branch is part of the Lighthouse Chapel International denomination, founded by Bishop Dag Heward Mills.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
&&&&&& Annual Summer Camp, The Loyalty Camp - - Wednesday the 10th of July to Saturday the 13th of July 2013 - - AS FOR DIS ONE, YOU TOO WILL BE THERE &&&&&&
!!!!Massive soul winning campaign 25 May 2013+++Southend for Jesus!!!!
)))))))))) MACHANEH MESSAGE OF THE MONTH = "WHAT IS YOUR LIFE".....are u on the Machaneh? ((((((((((
()()()() BOOK OF THE MONTH = "THOSE WHO PRETEND".....Eish!!!......()()()()
////////// Special Thanksgiving Service 4 BDHM's B'day on Wednesday 15 May 2013 * Invite massively for the service \\\\\
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
Latest topics
» love
Who do you say I am? EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 8:49 pm by Divinamarie

» Those Who Pretend (Book of the month)
Who do you say I am? EmptyFri May 24, 2013 4:27 pm by Pippa

» What is your life (Msge of the month)
Who do you say I am? EmptyFri May 24, 2013 4:25 pm by Pippa

» Hello
Who do you say I am? EmptyFri May 24, 2013 4:20 pm by Pippa

» Free Gift
Who do you say I am? EmptySat May 18, 2013 8:38 am by Pippa

» It's ok to laugh
Who do you say I am? EmptySun May 12, 2013 11:34 am by FEN

» Give God your best
Who do you say I am? EmptyWed May 08, 2013 5:57 pm by Noma30

» Obedience is better than sacrifice
Who do you say I am? EmptyWed May 08, 2013 5:54 pm by Noma30

» As we think
Who do you say I am? EmptyWed May 08, 2013 5:46 pm by Noma30

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Who do you say I am?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pastor
Admin
Pastor

Who do you say I am? Empty
PostSubject: Who do you say I am?   Who do you say I am? EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 7:10 pm

Like many modern day christians we could safely call him a pretender. What a fraud! What a liar! Why would anybody employ a person like this in a role that was mainly about talking and giving evidence? I'll tell you why. He was a boot-licker, he was intelligent and knew the law, and knew how to talk. Oh yeah he was eloquent!

Woe unto you, if he got into a debate or arguement with you! He thinks nothing about sending righteous people to prison. And he succeeds because judges drink deeply of his well oiled flattery after which their consciences become dead to the false accusation which then follows against blameless men who had committed no crimes.

Even though a liar, even though an imposter, even though you could tell all this from the name that he proudly bore, this spokeman remained well connected profesionally and at high levels in society. A testimony indeed about how corrupt the judicial system had become and how perverse society had become.

WHO AM I?
Back to top Go down
Pippa

Pippa

PostSubject: Re: Who do you say I am?   Who do you say I am? EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 2:54 am

Mmmmm, research needed on this one. I am tempted to say a name but i dont have proof, I think I need more evidence.
Back to top Go down
Pastor
Admin
Pastor

PostSubject: Re: Who do you say I am?   Who do you say I am? EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 3:26 am

Pippa, watch and pray, lest you be taken in a temptation.
Back to top Go down
Pippa

Pippa

PostSubject: Re: Who do you say I am?   Who do you say I am? EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:25 pm

This is very challenging for me. I can't get round to it and can't stop thinking about it. Where do I start from....mmm? I really don't know. Watching and praying? I think it needs more than this!!

I don't have much evidence on this one. Is it Jacob? He was a schemer, liar and manipulator and I think yes in modern day we will call him a pretender. He lived up to his name (he deceived).
From Genesis 25-36 we find that he cheated Esau of his birthright. He was clever and manipulative

If this is not the answer i guess i need the right one plse or another clue plse...
Back to top Go down
Pastor
Admin
Pastor

PostSubject: Re: Who do you say I am?   Who do you say I am? EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 7:32 pm

Jacob was not a lawyer. This guy was. Without his evil deed, most of the New Testament would not have happened.
Back to top Go down
Pippa

Pippa

PostSubject: Re: Who do you say I am?   Who do you say I am? EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 8:59 pm

Ok, thanks. I think it was Paul.
He wrote most of the New testament, about 13 of them. Yes he persecuted the church, accounts can be found in Acts 7, 9, he was an active opponent of the Christian movement. He studied law and Jewish traditions and knew how to talk and give evidence.
Back to top Go down
Pastor
Admin
Pastor

PostSubject: Re: Who do you say I am?   Who do you say I am? EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 10:37 pm

Even though a liar, even though an imposter, even though you could tell all this from the name that he proudly bore.........

Back to top Go down
Pippa

Pippa

PostSubject: Re: Who do you say I am?   Who do you say I am? EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 11:31 pm

Ah Rev, I am stuck. I thought Paul is the one.....this is the same person who was called Saul and struck by the lightning. But as for the meaning of the name, I am not sure now. Please help!!!
Back to top Go down
Pippa

Pippa

PostSubject: Re: Who do you say I am?   Who do you say I am? EmptyWed May 01, 2013 6:37 pm

Who was this person then? Please help!!
Back to top Go down
Pippa

Pippa

PostSubject: Re: Who do you say I am?   Who do you say I am? EmptySat May 04, 2013 5:50 pm

I would really want to know who this person was please, I want to learn more. Help!!
Back to top Go down
Pastor
Admin
Pastor

PostSubject: Re: Who do you say I am?   Who do you say I am? EmptySun May 05, 2013 5:58 am

Tertullus

His name means liar or impostor.

He was a Roman advocate (lawyer) employed by the Jewish authorities to prosecute Paul before Felix, the Roman Governor or Procurator (Acts 24:1, 2; 25:Cool

He is the guy whose convincing speaking sent apostle Paul to prison eventually.

Last edited by Pastor on Mon May 06, 2013 6:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pastor
Admin
Pastor

PostSubject: Re: Who do you say I am?   Who do you say I am? EmptySun May 05, 2013 6:04 am

Pippa, you didn't do research time. All the clues were there. You could have researched the name meanings and you would have been fine.

Even though a liar, even though an imposter, even though you could tell all this from the name he proudly bore......
Back to top Go down
Pippa

Pippa

PostSubject: Re: Who do you say I am?   Who do you say I am? EmptySun May 05, 2013 6:38 am

Oh fantastic. Thank you. Unfortunately I didnt get the right answer but I tried, did my best and what I could. Its all part of the learning curve Rev. Greatly appreciated. Thanks once again.
Back to top Go down
FEN

PostSubject: Re: Who do you say I am?   Who do you say I am? EmptySun May 05, 2013 11:04 am

Pippa as for the next one we will get it right..... Question

Research team study

Back to top Go down
Pippa

Pippa

PostSubject: Re: Who do you say I am?   Who do you say I am? EmptyMon May 06, 2013 2:38 am

Thanks Fen Bushu. We will get it right next time. Research++++ Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who do you say I am?   Who do you say I am? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who do you say I am?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
LIGHTHOUSE CHAPEL INTERNATIONAL-Southend :: Your first category :: DISCUSSION BOARD-
Jump to: