LIGHTHOUSE CHAPEL INTERNATIONAL-Southend
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LCI Southend-On-Sea branch is part of the Lighthouse Chapel International denomination, founded by Bishop Dag Heward Mills.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
&&&&&& Annual Summer Camp, The Loyalty Camp - - Wednesday the 10th of July to Saturday the 13th of July 2013 - - AS FOR DIS ONE, YOU TOO WILL BE THERE &&&&&&
!!!!Massive soul winning campaign 25 May 2013+++Southend for Jesus!!!!
)))))))))) MACHANEH MESSAGE OF THE MONTH = "WHAT IS YOUR LIFE".....are u on the Machaneh? ((((((((((
()()()() BOOK OF THE MONTH = "THOSE WHO PRETEND".....Eish!!!......()()()()
////////// Special Thanksgiving Service 4 BDHM's B'day on Wednesday 15 May 2013 * Invite massively for the service \\\\\
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
Latest topics
» love
Friendship  EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 8:49 pm by Divinamarie

» Those Who Pretend (Book of the month)
Friendship  EmptyFri May 24, 2013 4:27 pm by Pippa

» What is your life (Msge of the month)
Friendship  EmptyFri May 24, 2013 4:25 pm by Pippa

» Hello
Friendship  EmptyFri May 24, 2013 4:20 pm by Pippa

» Free Gift
Friendship  EmptySat May 18, 2013 8:38 am by Pippa

» It's ok to laugh
Friendship  EmptySun May 12, 2013 11:34 am by FEN

» Give God your best
Friendship  EmptyWed May 08, 2013 5:57 pm by Noma30

» Obedience is better than sacrifice
Friendship  EmptyWed May 08, 2013 5:54 pm by Noma30

» As we think
Friendship  EmptyWed May 08, 2013 5:46 pm by Noma30

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Friendship

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sheila35

Sheila35

Friendship  Empty
PostSubject: Friendship    Friendship  EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 10:20 pm

What is a friend? and how do we value friends ? I understand that Jesus had his disciples but among them he had the one he loved and trusted. So brethren can one explain for me what is a friend and in a friend what should we look at to tell this is a good friend me am confused.com can someone explain the meaning of a friend Question
Back to top Go down
Noma30

Noma30

Friendship  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friendship    Friendship  EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 8:30 pm

Hey sis, can you please tell me what you think a friend is then i can know how to respond.
Back to top Go down
Pastor
Admin
Pastor

Friendship  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friendship    Friendship  EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 3:28 am

Sheila, maybe Noma's response is actually a very powerful way of helping you know who a friend is. It is likely personal definitions and experiences of friendship will differ.

I believe the bible will help us arrive at a common thread, but your own idea of who a friend is will be the most logical point for us all to make contributions.

You have started a very powerful discussion. Well done. Set the ball rolling.
Back to top Go down
Sheila35

Sheila35

Friendship  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friendship    Friendship  EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 12:12 pm

I will just give wat I think a friend is small small

A friend is someone who you think your life would be different if they didn't exist, a friend is someone who never leaves you out , you are always included when you are with them,a friend is there for you no matter what.
Jonathan and David
2 Samuel 18: 1-4 (Jona love David )
2 Samuel 23: 16-18 ( Jona Strengthens David)

Naomi and Ruth
Ruth 1:16:18
Jesus calls us friend
John 15: 13-15
And finally Proverbs 18:24 A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly : and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother. Amen

Back to top Go down
Noma30

Noma30

Friendship  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friendship    Friendship  EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 7:27 pm

Thanks for that my sister, I have thought greatly about this and have come to the realization that the more I read the Word of God about true friends the more I fall short. In proverbs 18:24 that you quoted.. "A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly...." Is a good place to start.
Those things that we expect a "friend" to do/be are the things that we must first show others.
Do you include your friends in all you do? Are you there for your friends no matter what?

As Christians we need to look at what our manual says about a true friend. Jesus is our example he loved us so much that he laid down his life for us. You can never find a better friend than Him. There are so many things I personally think a true friend should be, but here are just a few that I'm learning to live by, so that I can expect them from my true friends.

5 traits of true Christian friends

Christian Friends Love Sacrificially

John 15:13
Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. (NIV)
Jesus is the finest example of a true Christian friend. His love for us is sacrificial, never selfish. He demonstrated it not only through his miracles of healing, but more fully through the humble service of washing the disciples' feet, and then ultimately, when he laid down his life on the cross.

If we choose our friends based only on what they have to offer, we'll rarely discover the blessings of a genuine friendship. Philippians 2:3 says, "Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves." By valuing your friend's needs above your own, you'll be on your way to loving like Jesus. In the process, you'll likely gain a true friend.

Christian Friends Accept Unconditionally

Proverbs 17:17
A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity. (NIV)
We discover the best of friendships with brothers and sisters who know and accept our weaknesses and imperfections.

If we're easily offended or hold on to bitterness, we'll have a hard time making friends. No one is perfect. We all make mistakes now and then. If we take a truthful look at ourselves, we'll admit that we bear some of the blame when things go wrong in a friendship. A good friend is quick to ask forgiveness and ready to be forgiving.

Christian Friends Trust Completely

Proverbs 18:24
A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. (NIV)
This proverb reveals that a true Christian friend is trustworthy, indeed, but emphasizes a second important truth as well. We should only expect to share complete trust with a few loyal friends. Trusting too easily can lead to ruin, so be careful about putting your confidence in a mere companion. Over time our true Christian friends will prove their trustworthiness by sticking closer than a brother or sister.

Christian Friends Keep Healthy Boundaries

1 Corinthians 13:4
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy ... (NIV)
If you feel smothered in a friendship, something is wrong. Likewise, if you feel used or abused, something is amiss. Recognizing what's best for someone and giving that person space are signs of a healthy relationship. We should never let a friend come between us and our spouse. A true Christian friend will wisely avoid intruding and recognize your need to maintain other relationships.

Christian Friends Give Mutual Edification

Proverbs 27:6
Wounds from a friend can be trusted ... (NIV)
True Christian friends will build each other up emotionally, spiritually, and physically. Friends like to be together simply because it feels good. We receive strength, encouragement, and love. We talk, we cry, we listen. But at times we also have to say the difficult things our dearest friend needs to hear. Yet, because of the shared trust and acceptance, we are the one person who can impact our friend's heart, for we know how to deliver the hard message with truth and grace. I believe this is what Proverbs 27:17 means when it says, "As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another."

My hope is that these five traits will show you areas that may need a little work in your effort to build stronger friendships. But if you don't have lots of close friends, don't be too hard on yourself. Remember, true Christian friendships are rare treasures. They take time to nurture, but in the process we grow more Christlike.
Back to top Go down
Sheila35

Sheila35

Friendship  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friendship    Friendship  EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 8:23 pm

Thank you sister am listening and as for this one hope grace will help me to enter
Back to top Go down
Sheila35

Sheila35

Friendship  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friendship    Friendship  EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 8:28 pm

Learning its a good word to use than listening lol!

Back to top Go down
Noma30

Noma30

Friendship  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friendship    Friendship  EmptyThu May 02, 2013 8:03 pm

Eish my sister ........what are you learning? Enter where?
Back to top Go down
Sheila35

Sheila35

Friendship  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friendship    Friendship  EmptyFri May 03, 2013 8:08 am

Am learning a lot about a friend and this will also help to enter the promise land. In the story of Naomi and Ruth it shows us the true love they had for each other. How she followed her mother in law and how she was guarded by her up until she got married. How she was always thinking of her mother in law even the little she shared with her. Sis as for this one it makes me think of a sister who always shares with me even how small it is may God continue to bless her and show her favour.
Back to top Go down
Noma30

Noma30

Friendship  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friendship    Friendship  EmptyFri May 03, 2013 8:09 pm

I'm also learning sister Very Happy thanks for that one had not looked at it so will read it.
Back to top Go down
Sheila35

Sheila35

Friendship  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friendship    Friendship  EmptyFri May 03, 2013 8:44 pm

Interesting story of Naomi and Ruth my love and it's short
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Friendship  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friendship    Friendship  Empty

Back to top Go down

Friendship