LIGHTHOUSE CHAPEL INTERNATIONAL-Southend
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LCI Southend-On-Sea branch is part of the Lighthouse Chapel International denomination, founded by Bishop Dag Heward Mills.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
&&&&&& Annual Summer Camp, The Loyalty Camp - - Wednesday the 10th of July to Saturday the 13th of July 2013 - - AS FOR DIS ONE, YOU TOO WILL BE THERE &&&&&&
!!!!Massive soul winning campaign 25 May 2013+++Southend for Jesus!!!!
)))))))))) MACHANEH MESSAGE OF THE MONTH = "WHAT IS YOUR LIFE".....are u on the Machaneh? ((((((((((
()()()() BOOK OF THE MONTH = "THOSE WHO PRETEND".....Eish!!!......()()()()
////////// Special Thanksgiving Service 4 BDHM's B'day on Wednesday 15 May 2013 * Invite massively for the service \\\\\
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
Latest topics
» love
How to develop your Spirit EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 8:49 pm by Divinamarie

» Those Who Pretend (Book of the month)
How to develop your Spirit EmptyFri May 24, 2013 4:27 pm by Pippa

» What is your life (Msge of the month)
How to develop your Spirit EmptyFri May 24, 2013 4:25 pm by Pippa

» Hello
How to develop your Spirit EmptyFri May 24, 2013 4:20 pm by Pippa

» Free Gift
How to develop your Spirit EmptySat May 18, 2013 8:38 am by Pippa

» It's ok to laugh
How to develop your Spirit EmptySun May 12, 2013 11:34 am by FEN

» Give God your best
How to develop your Spirit EmptyWed May 08, 2013 5:57 pm by Noma30

» Obedience is better than sacrifice
How to develop your Spirit EmptyWed May 08, 2013 5:54 pm by Noma30

» As we think
How to develop your Spirit EmptyWed May 08, 2013 5:46 pm by Noma30

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

How to develop your Spirit

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Pippa

Pippa

How to develop your Spirit Empty
PostSubject: How to develop your Spirit   How to develop your Spirit EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 9:18 am

Excerpt from Bishop Dag's book Greater Love

....The mind is developed in school and colleges. Thousands of dollars are spent to develop the minds of the human race. That explains why we have taken such strides in science and medicine. A lot of money and time is also used to develop the body. There are “keep fit clubs” and gyms everywhere. Men’s bodies are being developed into grotesque muscular giants. But dear friend, you are more than a body. You are more than a mind! You are a spirit living in a body and you have a mind. You must also develop your spirit as well. The question is, “How do you develop your spirit into maturity?”

The first key to developing the human spirit is the Word.
...desire the sincere milk of THE WORD, THAT YE MAY GROW thereby: 1 Peter 2:2

Another good way of taking in the Word is by listening to messages. The second best way by which I have fed my spirit over the years is through listening to preaching and watching church services.
So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God: Romans 10:17

The Word and prayer will cause you to develop in the spirit and to become a giant for the Lord. Walk in these two keys of spiritual growth and nothing will be held back from you... ( BDHM)

Very powerful nuggets. May we be full of the word and overcome the enemy with the power that comes with it.
Back to top Go down
Noma30

Noma30

PostSubject: Re: How to develop your Spirit   How to develop your Spirit EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 8:35 pm

You have inspired me to read the book, growing spiritually is my major goal.
Back to top Go down
Pastor
Admin
Pastor

PostSubject: Re: How to develop your Spirit   How to develop your Spirit EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 2:57 am

Very happy to note that Pippa is not only reading the books but encouraging others to do so as she shares powerfully.

This is one of the core areas of my vision for this forum. It is unfortunate that the mail I sent to all from within the forum platform did not deliver. I actually think I have not mastered this part of sending in house mails from the forum.

In that mail, I had the
MMM - Mechanah Message of the Month
ABM - Almanac Book of the Month
Forum Hangout

This forum is something I am sure was planted in my heart by the Holy Spirit. I believe it is a medium that God wants to use to enhance not individual closeness to Bishop, but to make the church a living link in the anointing chain in Bishop's life. A rush of power will feed into the shepherds and Bishops's anointing and success will engulf the shepherds. This will affect both the spiritual and natural life of the shepherds as a whole. I firmly believe at the centre of the Forum is an agenda by the Holy Spirit to miraculously transform our lot in life and to affect the church.

Now please don't ask me how. I am just a prophetic messenger and I am following a leading. It is a journey of discovery for us all. Let us play our part and allow God the time he wants to fulfil his part.

This month is spent, but from next month, the:
MMM is 'What is Your Life'
ABM is 'Those Who Pretend'
Hang Out is 10-15 minutes of Chat on Saturday - Can I get suggestions for the time please.

Meanwhile my applause to Pippa for the good spirit of connecting with Bishop. It's a good example.

Will you guys try sending mail from within the forum to each other and confirm contact, so that I am sure what to do in future communication.

Many blessing to everybody.
Back to top Go down
Pippa

Pippa

PostSubject: Re: How to develop your Spirit   How to develop your Spirit EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 3:46 am

Wow, glory to God and also thank you for the encouragement Rev.

It is a very powerful idea, at least we can all be reading one book and listening to the same mechanah message and share from the same stuff. It will be very interesting and encouraging. Iron sharpeneth iron so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend (Prov 27:17)
I think hang out will be ok Saturday evening anytime between 7 and 8. What do you think or any other suggestions people?

Noma...this book is powerful. It helps us grow spiritually fully and also helps us understand about heaven and hell. Even when we are trying to bring someone to Christ all the steps etc. Eish, the 7 Great Principles in Chapter 4 are so powerful. This book is a Must Have for a everyone.
Back to top Go down
Sheila35

Sheila35

PostSubject: Re: How to develop your Spirit   How to develop your Spirit EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 11:26 am

Powerful I think am into it small small by the time I finish it sister hehehe help me God Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Pippa

Pippa

PostSubject: Re: How to develop your Spirit   How to develop your Spirit EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 12:04 am

Another excerpt from the book.

People who forget God and those who do not acknowledge God will be in Hell.

The wicked shall be turned into hell, AND ALL THE NATIONS THAT FORGET GOD...Psalms 9:17

There are many people who have put God out of their lives and their careers. They have forgotten that there is a God somewhere. Many people in Europe believe that there is no God. They do not believe in God, they do not pray to God and they do not go to church any more. They may do good deeds and finance huge humanitarian programmes but they will be turned into Hell because they forgot that there is a God. It is a fool who says in his heart that there is no God.
You will notice how some politicians do not acknowledge God when they win elections. They forget about God and do not acknowledge Him. They may acknowledge their wives, their children and their dogs but forget to acknowledge God. This is very dangerous because they that forget God will be turned to Hell.

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good...Psalms 14:1

And just as they DID NOT SEE FIT TO ACKNOWLEDGE GOD ANY LONGER, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper, being filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, greed, evil; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malice; they are gossips, slanderers, haters of God, insolent, arrogant, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, without understanding, untrustworthy, unloving, unmerciful; and, although they know the ordinance of God, that THOSE WHO PRACTICE SUCH THINGS ARE WORTHY OF DEATH, they not only do the same, but also give hearty approval to those who practice them.
Romans 1:28-32, (NASB) by BDHM

Eish.... May we always acknowledge God in everything. The Bible also encourages us to acknowledge Him in ALL our ways and He will direct our path....meaning that if we don't do this our paths are not directed. May we pray and go to church for this is important as well.
Thank you Bishop.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to develop your Spirit   How to develop your Spirit Empty

Back to top Go down

How to develop your Spirit
Page 1 of 1