LIGHTHOUSE CHAPEL INTERNATIONAL-Southend
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LCI Southend-On-Sea branch is part of the Lighthouse Chapel International denomination, founded by Bishop Dag Heward Mills.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
&&&&&& Annual Summer Camp, The Loyalty Camp - - Wednesday the 10th of July to Saturday the 13th of July 2013 - - AS FOR DIS ONE, YOU TOO WILL BE THERE &&&&&&
!!!!Massive soul winning campaign 25 May 2013+++Southend for Jesus!!!!
)))))))))) MACHANEH MESSAGE OF THE MONTH = "WHAT IS YOUR LIFE".....are u on the Machaneh? ((((((((((
()()()() BOOK OF THE MONTH = "THOSE WHO PRETEND".....Eish!!!......()()()()
////////// Special Thanksgiving Service 4 BDHM's B'day on Wednesday 15 May 2013 * Invite massively for the service \\\\\
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
Latest topics
» love
Those Who Pretend (Book of the month) EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 8:49 pm by Divinamarie

» Those Who Pretend (Book of the month)
Those Who Pretend (Book of the month) EmptyFri May 24, 2013 4:27 pm by Pippa

» What is your life (Msge of the month)
Those Who Pretend (Book of the month) EmptyFri May 24, 2013 4:25 pm by Pippa

» Hello
Those Who Pretend (Book of the month) EmptyFri May 24, 2013 4:20 pm by Pippa

» Free Gift
Those Who Pretend (Book of the month) EmptySat May 18, 2013 8:38 am by Pippa

» It's ok to laugh
Those Who Pretend (Book of the month) EmptySun May 12, 2013 11:34 am by FEN

» Give God your best
Those Who Pretend (Book of the month) EmptyWed May 08, 2013 5:57 pm by Noma30

» Obedience is better than sacrifice
Those Who Pretend (Book of the month) EmptyWed May 08, 2013 5:54 pm by Noma30

» As we think
Those Who Pretend (Book of the month) EmptyWed May 08, 2013 5:46 pm by Noma30

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Those Who Pretend (Book of the month)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Pippa

Pippa

Those Who Pretend (Book of the month) Empty
PostSubject: Those Who Pretend (Book of the month)   Those Who Pretend (Book of the month) EmptyFri May 03, 2013 12:03 am

Another powerful book by the Bishop. Lets read and share and encourage each other as we read this book. It is a blessing to have all these at hand. I just started on the book and I tell you, you will learn a lot.
Back to top Go down
Noma30

Noma30

PostSubject: Re: Those Who Pretend (Book of the month)   Those Who Pretend (Book of the month) EmptyFri May 03, 2013 8:07 pm

What is Familiarity?

Familiarity means to know someone or something so well and in such a way as to cause you to lose your admiration, respect and sense of awe.
Familiarity leads to presumption and arrogance. A person who suffers from familiarity becomes confident in a way that shows a lack of respect. (Chpt 6)

Shabaya!! I'm really approaching this chapter with great caution. I have realized that regardless of how many times familiarity is preached to me or I read about it....i receive the message with a sense of dread probably because even with the immunization I am still susceptible to it. What a shock. I know that as I become spiritually mature I will not struggle with it. Am really excited that this is what we will be learning about this month. My prayer is that by the time we are done it will be a thing of the past and I will know better than to become familiar.

Back to top Go down
Pippa

Pippa

PostSubject: Re: Those Who Pretend (Book of the month)   Those Who Pretend (Book of the month) EmptySat May 04, 2013 9:18 am

True indeed. They say prevention is better than cure and i believe it, (its not in the Bible though). It is better to prevent! Immunisation against being familiar is good and thank God for Bishop for writing this book to actually show us these great facts.

I have learnt a lot about Michal...she lost her sense of awe, was familiar, critical etc and became barren (unfruitful). This is result of Familiarity. May I and all not become familiar so that we bear much more fruits. Bishop said,
“You need to have the gift of working in the king’s palace to withstand the tendency to become familiar.”

“In the book of Daniel the three men, Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego were described as people who had the ability to work in the king’s palace. There, they would see many private and uncomely things. They would see the base and human parts of the glorified royal family. Yet they would be required to maintain a genuine respect and awe for them. This is what is meant by having the ability to work in the king’s palace.”

Michals exposure had unfortunately destroyed the awe that was held for the king. This is perhaps she was used to him so much; she lived in the kings palace and had seen him at different stages and in different moods.

It is my prayer that I don't become familiar. I want to bear much fruit and fruit that remain!!!

Back to top Go down
Pastor
Admin
Pastor

PostSubject: Re: Those Who Pretend (Book of the month)   Those Who Pretend (Book of the month) EmptySat May 04, 2013 9:50 am

Before reading Chapter 6, I decided to read the introduction and Chapter one - just a rekindling of my love affair with this book. It is such a powerful book.

I soon as I stepped into the book, I caught a revelation. I realise that our familiarity really starts with familiarity with God. A right attitude in our relationship with God will trickle down into our relationship with one another.

Most of us are familiar with God, because we take his relationship with us for granted. We pretend that we love him. But we are trying to worm our way into his affection mainly for what we can get out of him. Our interest is saving our lives and not to identify with the sacrificing, suffering and dying of Christ.

Nehemiah refused to be familiar with God. He determined not to use God in selfishness and insensitivity, to promote himself and to strengthen himself for advantage. He would not think too highly of himself or esteem the things of God lightly.

Nehemiah 6:11 NLT
But I replied, “Should someone in my position run from danger? Should someone in my position enter the Temple to save his life? No, I won’t do it!”

Why are you hanging around God? Is it because of your failures and fears, or is it because of your 'God fear' and love?

Let us stop pretending we love God and love him for real.
Back to top Go down
Pippa

Pippa

PostSubject: Re: Those Who Pretend (Book of the month)   Those Who Pretend (Book of the month) EmptySat May 04, 2013 5:47 pm

Very powerful indeed! Love for God. It is very important to love Him. The Bible says in Ecclesiastics the whole duty of man is to fear God and keep His commandments. I believe that is fear as in reverence to Him. We must respect and have a sense of awe towards Him.

How much long can one pretend to love God? Mercy! One cannot pretend forever, you will get tired!!! Forgive!

May we love Him with our ALL for we owe it to Him. Matthew 22:37-40 says.....thou shall love the Lord thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul and with all thy mind.....

Pretending is not good!!!!Lets be real with God. It is when we are real to Him that He is able to help us and show Himself strong. It is my prayer God rekindles that first love I had when I gave my life to Him.
Back to top Go down
Sheila35

Sheila35

PostSubject: Re: Those Who Pretend (Book of the month)   Those Who Pretend (Book of the month) EmptySun May 05, 2013 11:23 am

A we hearing working closer to our leaders without becoming somewhere hehehe ijooo!!! This chapter is just good and I think am learning fully help me Lord
Back to top Go down
Pippa

Pippa

PostSubject: Re: Those Who Pretend (Book of the month)   Those Who Pretend (Book of the month) EmptyWed May 08, 2013 6:59 pm

As I continue to read this I am afraid for myself. I have come to realise how God does not like pretenders. This book is good immunisation and thank God for Bishop for such wisdom. Help Lord!!! May I be pleasing to you.
Back to top Go down
Pippa

Pippa

PostSubject: Re: Those Who Pretend (Book of the month)   Those Who Pretend (Book of the month) EmptySat May 11, 2013 3:11 am

Am excerpt from the book

“It is not easy for pretenders to continue pretending for long periods. Sooner or later something comes up that shows who they really are. It took only three days for Joshua to discover that the Gibeonites had deceived him. It may take three days, three weeks, three months or three years for you to discover the truth about people who are pretending to love you”

Story found in Joshua 9. Pretending is not good! Oh Lord, may I not pretend in any way in my life as the truth will always come out.

It's time to be real. It is only when one goes to the doctor and OPENS up and is able to be helped, so as should be in our Christian walk. When you are real with God, He will help!!!

Back to top Go down
Pippa

Pippa

PostSubject: Re: Those Who Pretend (Book of the month)   Those Who Pretend (Book of the month) EmptyFri May 24, 2013 4:27 pm

Book sharing...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Those Who Pretend (Book of the month)   Those Who Pretend (Book of the month) Empty

Back to top Go down

Those Who Pretend (Book of the month)
Page 1 of 1